Thursday, November 4, 2010

Service Learning Reflection: October 18, 2010

These students are so energetic and compassionate. They welcome Lila and I when we walked in with hugs from every student and you can tell they really want to learn. I worked with two girls on continents and I taught the one girl how to say "hemisphere" because she could not pronounce it. I thought it was interesting because in the library there was a section blocked off with a chair and there were students being sent down to get work done on their teeth. It was a business named "Dentist on Wheels", which I had never seen before, but I thought it was a great idea. Many of these students in this school probably do not visit the dentist as regularly as they should and it is very nice this school provides this for their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment