Thursday, November 4, 2010

Service Learning Reflection: October 25, 2010

Lila and I were approached with welcoming hugs again and I think it is so nice when we walk in and they do that because it makes me feel like I actually am helping these students when I work with them. Mr. I had us take two more students and we worked on subtracting dollars. It is interesting to see how some students understand it so well and others do not. I like working with them all, but it might be beneficial to work with just one student at a time because many of them need extra attention.

  When I watch the students in class I see how well they work together. They are all nice to each other and they treat each other with respect. Lila and I asked them if they had any brothers and sisters and many of them said they had 15 to 20 siblings, but we later realized they were counting god brothers and sisters as well as stepbrothers and sisters too. I was still astounded by the numbers they were saying. I do not know how to relate to that because I only have one sister. I really enjoyed learning about the students' lives outside of the classroom as well as in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment