Thursday, November 4, 2010

Service Learning Reflection: October 11, 2010

Today was my first day at my site. I loved it! The students were so energetic and their enthusiasm was contagious. I worked with a girl named Lila in the classroom I went to. The teacher is Mr. I and he is awesome. He graduated from John Carroll as well and has been teaching for 30 years. I think he does a wonderful job of treating all of the students equally and he is so energetic and compassionate, which makes the students respect him and appreciate him more. He called each student a different nickname and I thought that gave the room a friendly atmosphere. The students hug him often and I think that shows how much they actually appreciate him as their teacher. He is a humorous guy and I think the students truly appreciate his humor.

Lila and I were asked many questions by the students. It was very sweet and it was nice to know they were so interested in our lives. Later we were assigned to work with two students each on subtraction. I thought it was difficult because one of my students understood very well and the other one did not. It was challenging, but I enjoyed working with the students one-on-one. I am looking forward to more service to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment