Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weblog 2

      I am looking forward to my service-learning project. I am working at the Many Villages site with k-3 by tutoring and helping a teacher in the classroom. I didn't visit my site today, but i had my orientation where we learned the expectations of this service site. I am expected to deal with diversity and to help all of the children in the classroom without judgment and with enthusiasm.
     I  think this service site will help me in many ways. Last year I was dead set on becoming a teacher, but this summer made me skeptical if this was my true passion. I love children and I do love teaching when I teach swim lessons, but I am not sure if this is this is the right career for me. I think working with these children in a classroom will help me decide if this is 100% what I want to do with my life. I enjoy kids and I appreciate service any way I can help and I am hoping that I find my true passion in this service and I am excited to start next Wednesday.
    I have never done a service learning project before, so I am interested to see what they are all about. I think what qualifies a site as being a site is due to many different things. Many of the programs are interested in working in under privileged schools, mentally handicap students, senior citizens, and anything where a person can do a good deed.

1 comment: