Thursday, November 4, 2010

Service Learning Reflection: November 2, 2010

Today Lila and I worked together with 5 students. It was challenging because they were all on different levels of understanding. This one boy christian did not understand the lesson because he had a hard time adding. I tried to use my fingers to show him when you add 5+5 or 3+4 but he was not comprehending. This other girl named Erica was doing very well and adding things that I was surprised she knew how to do. We were working with perimeters and I realized that my skills are rusty and I need to work on things again because I am forgetting things like that. I kept thinking it was area instead of perimeter, it was embarrassing, but Lila did the same so I didn't feel as bad. It is funny how people forget to do things if you haven't practiced it in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment