Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Final Essay Proposal Commentaries


Commentary on Jarod Artman’s Essay Proposal

            I think that Jarod has a great topic for his final research essay. I think that recess is a very important aspect in a child’s school day and many schools should reconsider taking recess away from the children. It is understandable that teachers are trying to fit more material into a day’s work and eliminating recess is one way to do so, but it is not good for the students. As young kids they need to release energy that otherwise would be a disturbance in the classroom. I think Jarod can create a great paper on this topic and he has some really good ideas. I liked how he included his brother and the story he told about himself as a child. I thin Jarod should focus more on schools that are taking recess out of their days rather than disciplining the students by taking away their recess time. Overall a very good idea and start and I look forward to reading more about his topic.



Commentary on Catie Hodgson’s Essay Proposal
           
            Catie’s topic for her final research essay is phenomenal. I think it has become a serious problem in schools when they are eliminating arts in education. Her topic ties in well to Jarod’s as well. When I was in high school I was in an art class every year. I loved them and it was the best time of the day for me to relax, recuperate, and relieve stress. Coloring is one of the best stress relievers and I think it is important for all students. At an early age we are stressed with all sorts of work, papers, projects, and tests and I think the arts in education give everyone something they can enjoy whether it is painting or ceramics, choir, band, graphic design or photography, they all help the students creativity and relieves tension from other classes. I think Catie has a great topic and can really develop a good paper I am interested to hear about the research she comes up with.



Commentary on Andrew Costa’s Essay Proposal

            I think Andrew makes some great points in his essay proposal. He is short and to the point in his proposal, but he states the problems and topics he will be researching for his paper. He may want to include a bit more of his experiences in the paper, but I think he does a nice job with introducing his ideas about the Cleveland City school systems. I am interested to learn about the information he finds to write his research paper and the different methods and programs that are successful in helping our city’s schools. I think Andrew has a good idea and he just needs to develop it a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment