Thursday, December 2, 2010

Service Learning Reflection: December 2, 2010

Since I hadn't been to my service site in two weeks the kids missed Lila and I and gave us huge hugs when we walked in the classroom. They are so fun and I am going to miss them. We worked on showing your work with a few students and we helped them take a few tests on the computers, which were a requirement for the school that day. I am really going to miss the teachers we work with and the students in the classroom. The teachers were sad that it was our last day because they thought we had one more week left and said they would have done something for us. He gave us his email address and said that we could use him as a reference if we needed to for anything. I think I was lucky to have been placed in such a great classroom with great children and a great teacher. Mr. I was a very influential teacher to watch and I aspire to relate to my students as well as he does. I think I am going to send a thank you card to both of them because I appreciated the way they took Lila and I under their wing and really gave us advice and a good experience at our service learning site. I am sad that it is over and I will definitely participate in some form of service again.

No comments:

Post a Comment